Thursday, April 06, 2006

March 2006: Eileen Healy Exhibition

About the Artist…

“Drawing from life is the backbone of my work. As an artist it is essential to my process."

Eileen Healy is predominantly a figurative artist who works mainly in pastel and oil. The paintings she creates are very direct and honest portraits of people who sit for her in her studio.
"I really enjoy working from life. I am attracted to the immediacy and freshness of recreating on paper or board what is in front of me. I work with models who provide me with an opportunity to express my artistic language through them".
In her portraits she depicts people from all walks of life and cultures simply seated in a chair or standing. Some drawings are full length portraits, a new departure for her.
For many years Eileen has been a strong believer in the practice of drawing from the nude and some fine examples are included in this show.Eileen has exhibited her work through Ireland and abroad both in solo exhibitions and several selected shows.
She is also a part time drawing tutor at the Crawford College, Cork.

Exhibition runs 3-14 March, 2006